Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Simulate menu button in older app (Android 2.x) on Android 4.x tablet


I've got a new Android 4.1 tablet. I am trying to run an old app which was created for Android 2.1 and relies on the menu button.


Can somebody points me to a ready-made application which returns the new menu button? Any idea?



Answer




When a newer device loads an app that targets an old Android version, it displays a menu button on the system bar, near the home, recents, and back buttons. It has the same "three dots" icon that you see on newer Android apps. Pressing this has the same effect as pressing the menu key on a device that has one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...