Wednesday, November 21, 2018

How can I get the Android to use wallpapers sized to my screen resolution?


When I only have one "desktop" on my Android phone and I select one of my photos for the wallpaper, it asks me to crop the image. The cropping tool only allows an aspect ratio that has nothing to do with the real aspect ration of my phones screen resolution. Why?


I have a Samsung GT i5800 running Android 2.1update1.



Answer



Pretty sure this was present in Eclair (but it's possible I'm mis-remembering and this was a new feature in Froyo) but when you select a picture in the gallery, at the cropping stage it should give you a choice of screen resolution/aspect ratios to use. One of them should be the resolution of your screen, the other one is for the side-ways scrolling multi-screen wallpaper.


I've ringed round the two selection options in the screenshot below, tap the wide option on the left for the multi-screen wallpaper and the one on the right to crop to a single screen. You should then be able to drag the crop box out to be the full picture (if you've got the aspect ratio right on your image).


enter image description here


Edit: This appears to be a Samsung TouchWiz feature, rather than a stock Android feature, it should still be present on OP's Samsung GT i5800.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...