Sunday, November 18, 2018

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Seeing the full text of a long notification


I've got a notification on my phone where the length of the text exceeds the width of the screen and it doesn't wrap, just wanders off the edge. How can I see the full text of the notification?


I've seen a suggestion here that long pressing for ~5 seconds shows it however all this does is bring up the App Info menu. Maybe on older versions of Android that didn't have the App Info menu this worked? Ideally looking for an answer that works on Ice Cream Sandwich and above (since I think that was when the App Info came about?) but I have a Nexus 4 running Jelly Bean 4.2.2 phone.


Here's the notification that I received. Hypothetical: Why did I lose data connectivity? What did I do!?!


enter image description here





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...