Saturday, November 17, 2018

4.0 ice cream sandwich - How do I turn on flashmode in Sony Ericsson Ray?


How do I turn on flashmode in sony xperia ray? I am doing what is said in forum the flash tool says I am in Fastboot mode not in flash mode.



Answer



HINT: Just try the combination with the other volume button if you enter the wrong mode (that's what I do because I cannot remember the button trick either and do trial&error every other time I need this.


Launch your software, prepare the ftf for flashing and only then do the following to enter flash mode:



  • Switch off the phone (remove battery maybe)


  • Press the Volume down button and hold it

  • (While holding) Plug in the USB cable

  • If successful, the LED should turn green


Just for the record, to enter fastboot mode:



  • Switch off the phone (remove battery maybe)

  • Press the Volume up button and hold it

  • (While holding) Plug in the USB cable

  • If successful, the LED should turn blue



If I mixed something up, please correct me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...