Wednesday, November 28, 2018

New Gboard dual language suggestions, how do I disable it?


Recently the Google keyboard has activated suggestions for both of my selected languages. This is a real nuisance since the suggestions are a mess IMO.


How can I disable it and go back to switching languages manually?



Answer



As you've mentioned, the multilingual suggestions is a new feature in Gboard (ref: Gboard, now available for Android - Official Google Blog.


Steps to enable/disable it:




  1. Open Gboard's Settings

  2. Select Languages

  3. Select a language

  4. On supported languages, below Language settings, tap Multilingual typing to enable/disable it. When enabled, you can check/uncheck other languages individually.


Note: the preference is not symmetric. When you have 2 languages that are supported for multilingual typings, you can disable it on language A while having it enabled on language B with A.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...