Friday, November 23, 2018

6.0 marshmallow - "Searching for GPS" in Google Maps after update



I have been using Google Maps on the same phone (LG G4, android 6.0) for about 2 years now. Now suddenly after a Google Maps update the phone has GPS issues. It can find where I am and my direction (before I input any destination) but when navigation starts, every 5 seconds or so I get a "Searching for GPS" message and it can't find where I am. Needless to say that this has made the app useless as I cannot navigate anywhere.


If I use other GPS navigation apps such as HereWeGo everything works perfectly so a GPS harware issue is not the case.


I also waited for a new update to come, hoping that it might fix the issue, but the issue persists. I have also deleted tha app's cache and also deleted and reinstalled the app. Still nothing..


What happened with that update, and how can I fix that??


UPDATE: The problem might me a hardware issue as it started doing it on Waze and HereWeGO.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...