Friday, March 20, 2015

Unwanted folders showing up in Gallery. Can they be removed?


I'm enjoying Bejeweled 2, but don't want the 'backdrops', 'fonts', and multiple 'images*' folders in the Gallery. They're a pain to wade through when I'm trying to see my own pics. Is there any way to remove them?


I've Googled a bit, but have only found other people complaining about the issue--no real solutions.



Answer




Yes you can! In directories that you do not want scanned by the media scanner put a blank file called .nomedia


Don't forget the "."


Windows may not let you create this file because of the name.


Some file explorer apps have an option for creating this file.


The app developers should have created this file for you but some forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...