Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Android Lollipop's notification bar is not transparent in Nexus 4


I had updated my Nexus 4 with Android 5.0 OTA update last week. I observed that the notification bar is not transparent. I see some reviews of Android Lollipop (Nexus 4) in YouTube and as I remembered correctly the notification bar was transparent. Is anybody having the same issue?



Answer



Compared to Nexus 5, Lollipop stock launcher on Nexus 4 doesn't have transparency on the notification bar.


Instead, the one with transparency is Google Now Launcher (originally known as Google Experience Launcher). After installing the launcher, you can switch between those two from Settings > Home.


Lollipop stock launcher Lollipop GEL launcher


Lollipop stock launcher      Lollipop Google Now Launcher

No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...