Saturday, March 21, 2015

google play store - How to change country?



I want to install this application


https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scoompa.callrecorder.open


but I can't, because I'm in a wrong country. I would like to change country. Do I need to travel to another country to install this application or can I somehow pick a right country ? what is the right country for this application?



Answer



To answer your question, see this previous question for options on changing the country that the Market think your phone is in: How can I circumvent regional restrictions in the Android Market?


For the second part of your question about which country to change to, from the app's description:




Currently for U.S. and Canada based phones only.



But from this description:




  • The application dials to our service, which dials to the other party, showing your phone number as the caller ID.

  • The service then records the call at the telephony level, and sends a very high-quality recording straight to your email box.




I think that even if you get it to install, it will only work properly if you are currently in the US or Canada, as it seems to work by redirecting your call through a landline call forwarding service, which either won't work in other countries, or will be using a hideously expensive international rate call for that purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...