Friday, March 6, 2015

music player - Corrupt album art


One of my albums has a corrupt album art and I can do nothing to fix it. The cover is stored as a file named folder.jpg in the audio files' folder. The picture looks fine when I open it with any picture viewer on my computer. But on my Android device it looks like a plain gray box with only a small part of the upper-left corner showing the actual picture.


I've deleted this picture and replaced it with a higher res one I found on the Internet (totally different source). The album art is still corrupt. I've deleted the album (audio + jpg files), rebooted the device, and copied it back. The album art is still corrupt. I've deleted any embedded album art in the MP3 files' tags using foobar2000 and MP3Tag. The album art is still corrupt. I've cleared the data of the "Media storage" app and rebooted the device. The album art is still corrupt. I don't know what I still can do.


The audio playing apps I've been using include Winamp, Songbird, Google Play Music and Shuttle Music Player. Each of them showed the corrupt album art the same way.


I'm using Android ICS on an HTC One V.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...