Saturday, March 21, 2015

rom flashing - Why isn't Clockworkmod Recovery "Sticking"?


I've tried multiple times to flash ClockworkMod recovery onto my unlocked Galaxy Nexus (LTE\CDMA variant "toro" build) device. Each time I can boot into recovery and ClockworkMod displays. However, if I completely reboot my device (boot into Android and then reboot), when I try to run recovery, my phone shows an android with a red exclamation point and refuses to boot. I've tried flashing from both Linux with the fastboot tool as well on the device itself with ROM Manager. ROM Manager reports that ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 is flashed.


What am I doing wrong?




Answer



I had the same problem and I found the solution is to rename a file in the system folder:





  • remount /system in read/write mode (use something like the Root Explorer app or ES File Explorer; both have root modes (check the app's settings) for remounting /system as writable)




  • rename the /system/recovery-from-boot.p to /system/recovery-from-boot.p-bak





(note: you could delete it, but renaming is much safer since its easily reversible)


you could also do this manually in an adb shell or on-phone Terminal session:




  • mv /system/recovery-from-boot.p /system/recovery-from-boot.p-bak




  • after you've renamed the file, you might have to re-flash your CWM if it had been missing previously






http://androidforums.com/galaxy-nexus-all-things-root/470831-how-all-things-root-samsung-galaxy-nexus.html#post3712027


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...