Sunday, March 8, 2015

security - Is there a way to block permissions for other applications on Jelly Bean?


I use LBE Privacy Guard with great pleasure to grant and withdraw permissions to access my contacts, the internet, etc. for each individual application installed in Ice-Cream Sandwich on my Galaxy Nexus. However, it is not compatible with Jelly Bean yet (causes rebooting cycle without fixing, and even then it can only block network access). Considering that the last update was in March of this year, this may take a while.


Is there another application that can do this and that is compatible with Jelly Bean? Applications like Droidwall and Permission Denied and others also don't seem to work on JB. This question asks a similar question, but that was a year ago, and I believe none of those application works on Jelly Bean.



Answer



As the "What's New" section says it's been updated for Jelly Bean, this looks promising:


https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stericson.permissions&hl=en


I've never tried it, but assuming you're rooted, this guy's apps are usually good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...