Sunday, March 22, 2015

htc desire - Italian Froyo not show Month Name


After update my HTC Desire to last Froyo Update, I can't see anymore Month Name or Day Of Week name.
Instead of January I see 1 and instead of Wednesday I see 2.
This happens in all my App (even Facebook).
How can I restore the names?
Do I have to root it?


My HTC language system is Italian.




Answer



This is a known "bug" with Android (it is probably intended behavior). The language, locale, and related settings are all linked and cannot be changed independently. Google apparently decided that people who read Italian want to see numbers for dates. I don't believe this was changed in 2.3-gingerbread so I guess there is no fix yet :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...