Thursday, March 26, 2015

5.0 lollipop - Nexus 4 Smart Lock Trusted Places is not there!


I have just updated to Lollipop on my Nexus 4 and can't see "Trusted Places". I use "Trusted Face" which works pretty well, but I would like to use "Trusted Places" at work. However, it is not there.


I have rebooted, but it is still not there. I have looked for the Google Play Services. I cannot find it under Apps, but Google Play says I have it installed.


Can anyone help me?




Answer



From an article on Android Police,



If you're on a Lollipop device and aren't seeing this yet, you can manually install the –438* build of Play Services 6.5 from APKMirror.



(Emphasis mine)


* The -438 build is for Nexus 5 on Lollipop.


The new "Trusted places" feature is available starting from Google Play services 6.5.85. You might want to check the version of your Google Play services:



  1. Go to Settings - Apps


  2. Go to "All" tabs

  3. Find and select "Google Play service"

  4. Check the version under the app name above.


As of 2014-11-22, Google has updated their Play services for Nexus 4 on Lollipop. You can either wait until Google push the update automatically, or sideload (install) it manually from APKMirror (version 6.5.87 (1599771-436)).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...