Thursday, March 19, 2015

samsung galaxy nexus - Recover Google account password without unlinking/deleting the main account from android device


I forgot the password for my Google account and I want to recover it. This Google account happens to be the main Google account linked to my Android device.


When I try to use the Recovery options:



  • A password reset link can only be sent if you haven't signed in for 4 days.


  • Your security question can only be answered if you haven't signed in for 5 days.

  • A third option where "I no longer have access to those above", it implies a very long password recovery process and MAY get the password again.


If I don't unlink this Google account from Android device, the device will continue to sign in to Google services. So, recovery options can't be used.


I don't want to reset my phone to unlink/delete the main Google account, wait 4-5 days and then get the password. This means I can't use my phone for this amount of time and may lose data.


How to get it without unlinking or deleting the Google account of my Google Nexus with Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean)?



Answer



I am able to receive reset links despite having logged in today, yesterday and pretty much every day. However you should be able to access your account on your phone (as it will use your login details to sign in to chrome) then use that to add your phone number to your account. Then pick reset my password with my phone which will send an SMS to your phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...