Monday, March 9, 2015

cyanogenmod - Test wired headset detection via software


Since I still don't know whether my problem (call audio doesn't work without headset or speakerphone) is caused by faulty hardware or by software, I'd like to know the following:


Is there a way to tell if the headset switch in the headset jack (which tells the phone app whether a wired headset is connected or not) is working as expected?


I am looking for a solution that doesn't require disassembling the phone before knowing what is actually causing the aforementioned problem. The following idea comes to mind:



Is there a way to display/query/dump the status of the headset detection via ? Maybe something under /dev?


Or are there other ways to tell if Android thinks a wired headphone is currently connected?


By the way, I am running Cyanogenmod version 11-20141112-SNAPSHOT if that makes any difference.


UPDATE


I noticed that stock Android seems to have a "headset icon" to indicate that a headset is connected, but apparently Cyanogenmod doesn't have this (or I accidentally disabled it somehow).




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...