Monday, March 9, 2015

external sd - How does Samsung implement SD card encryption?


My android device just stopped working. I still have my SD card, but all data in it is encrypted. Encryption has been performed at file level, so I have the directory structure and filenames in plain text, but file contents are encrypted.


I remember the key I used to set up encryption, but I need to know what algorithm did Samsung use for encryption and how they generated an encryption key from my passphrase.


Does anyone know if I can recover my data without the original device, using openssl or a similar program?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...