Friday, March 20, 2015

cyanogenmod - Google Services battery usage


I recently updated to the 10.1 M snapshot of CyanogenMod for my Sprint Galaxy S3 (d2spr). Ever since I did the update, I have been seeing crazy high battery usage from Google Services. I have tried just about everything I can think of to shut it off, but nothing seems to be working. I'm connected to Wi-Fi most of the day, so I don't think 3G has anything to do with it.


Attempted Troubleshooting:




  1. Turn off Google Account Sync (per this question)

  2. Turn off Google Now

  3. Turn off Location reporting


If possible, I'd like to fix this without using Juice Defender or any other battery management apps, but if that's what it takes, so be it.


So how can I get Google Services to stop sucking the life out of my phone?


Google Services - 37% Google Services detail - keep awake 2 hours



Answer



This is most likely some app utilizing Google Services. You don't show the details screen to be reached when tapping the graph on top of your first screenshot. Please check there, and cross-check with How to deal with (orphaned) WakeLocks? -- the "keep awake" of your second screenshot suggest Wakelocks as the "source of evil". The part What if it is the Android System itself? should help you track the issue down further.


Another possible -- no, very likely candidate is found in another question I just stumbled upon: Google Services is killing my battery by keeping phone awake. Sound familiar? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...