Thursday, March 12, 2015

How to set one Ringtone for Contacts and another for non contacts?


Is there an Android App that can perform one ring for anyone in my Contacts and another ring for anyone not in my Contacts?


I know how to go in and set individual ringtones, but I have 350 contacts.


Actually, all I would need is an App that sets a ringtone for any number that is not in my Contacts list.


If not, would that be difficult to create?



Answer





Automation is the preferred option. Many apps are available. I prefer using MacroDroid , since it is free (upto 5 macros) and easy to learn. To understand how MacroDroid works and required settings, my answer here





Your macro would look like this



  • Macro : Ringtone for non contacts (name of macro )


Trigger: Call IncomingSelect ContactNon Contact


Action: Ringtone Configure → Select from drop down


Constraints: None ( Macro runs always )


Related Custom ring tone for callers who block their caller ID?


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...