Friday, October 27, 2017

Flaw in `adb shell ime list -a`?



I wanted to understand how to work with IMEs. More precisely, I was trying to figure out how to disable in a single command one can disable all the input methods so that the hardware keyboard takes over. I thought that the detailed description given about each input method on giving the


adb shell ime list -a

command (with an emulator instance running on my 12.04 64-bit Ubuntu machine) might help me.


Here I accidentally observed (see the pic below) that in spite of the disabling the various IMEs and then giving the IME listing command, enabled=true stays!


IME list command bug?


Is this a bug?



Answer



The enabled=true in this list tells whether the IME's service is enabled in its manifest; that is, whether the developer of the IME has allowed it to appear in that list. It has nothing to do with whether it's turned on or off in the settings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...