Sunday, October 1, 2017

2.2 froyo - Droid X: What are the pros/cons of upgrading to Gingerbread 2.3?


I have a Droid X running Android 2.2.1 (system version 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US). I want to upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3 but so far I've read one positive thread where people were happy with gingerbread and the rest is doom and gloom.



I'm not really interested in doing any kind of rooting or custom ROM stuff I just want to know about the plain vanilla OTA update from Verizon (which my phone is currently asking me about).


So should I upgrade? Or, to put it another way, what are the pros and cons of upgrading?


EDIT A good answer would be like a bullet list of 5 or so negatives about Gingerbread and 5 or so positives. A great answer would be an extensive list of the negatives and positives. An amazing answer would add to that extensive list some anecdotal experience about the upgrade and whether they wish didn't upgrade or are glad they did and why.


I originally title this question "Droid X: Should I upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3?" but in an effort to be less subjective I've reframed the question.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...