Tuesday, October 24, 2017

samsung nexus s - can't update, can't do a factory reset


I have a Nexus S running Android 2.3.4. For a while now it's been trying to prompt me to install newer versions. Every time I try, it restarts, displays the cute robot error screen and doesn't come back on until I take out the battery and restart it. Pressing power+volume+/- doesn't help.


I also tried to do a factory reset. Same result.


Before I got this phone (it was a gift), the shop did something to it "to enable Hebrew." Not sure what exactly but I suspect they dinkied around with system files and that's what is causing this.


Anyone have suggestions for what to try next?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...