Wednesday, October 25, 2017

lock screens - Unlock phone with a different button


I have a Nexus 4, and everything is OK, but I have realised that the power button is not working as well as I want. Sometimes I have to press it twice or push harder, so my question is: could I set up my phone to unlock with a different button, for example with the volume buttons? Is there any solution in case that the power button becomes inoperable?



Answer



When the power and back button failed in my rooted LG P500, I used Button savior. This app works without any restriction on rooted devices and with few limitations on unrooted.


This app creates a small overlay on the screen (which is customisable in terms of its size, visibility, position etc.) and pressing this overlay slides a virtual buttons on screen to lock, volume up and down, back, home, search, menu, camera etc.


It was indeed aptly named for as it saved my trip to service centre to shell out money on my phone to replace the keys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...