Saturday, October 28, 2017

external sd - Micro SD card physically damaged?


it seems to me that my sd card is damaged so I wiped/erased it from android few times but it did not help.


Right now what happens is that if the card is present the phone freezes (not always) at the same time. SO it seems to me that the card is physically damaged.


Can I somehow find out if the card is damaged? The best from my phone.


Is there any low lever format of micro SD cards that might help in such case? Mark bad blocks so something similar?




HTC Desire + CM 7 RC2 + Kingston 16GB Type 4



Answer



Have you tried formatting your SD Card in a dedicated reader, as opposed to doing it directly on the phone?



Most phones (and even most laptops' built-in SD Card readers) have problems writing SD Card partitions. I usually format my SD Cards in a stand-alone card reader hooked up to my PC via USB. Also, it's probably worth re-partitioning it with Partition Editor from Ubuntu LiveCD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...