Thursday, October 12, 2017

usb connection mode - My Samsung Galaxy 3 (GT-i5801) is not being detected by my PC -- What should I do?


I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 (GT-i5801) Android phone. Currently, my phone is not being detected by my PC. Initially, when I purchased this phone, I was developing applications and I was able to run the applications on my phone. I have purchased a new cable as I thought the data cable may have been damaged, but that did not solve the issue.


What can be the possible solutions or what do I need to check for in order to connect my Samsung Galaxy 3 to my PC by using a data/USB cable?


I have Windows XP installed on my Dell Inspiron laptop.



Answer



After searching for a long time and trying a lot, I found a solution:



Resolution



  1. Unplug the USB cable


  2. On the cell phone, dial the number *#7284#. Once the last # is hit, the PhoneUtil application is launched. Choose USB -> Modem and then USB -> PDA mode. The good mode should be PDA. Even if the mode is PDA, switch to Modem and then back to PDA.



    1. Also choose UART -> PDA and then UART -> MODEM mode. The good mode should be MODEM for UART. Even if the mode is MODEM, switch to PDA and then back to MODEM(UART).



  3. Plug in the USB cable.



Note:


This is not only for Samsung Galaxy 3 - Android phone, but it is also used to repair the USB connection for any Samsung Android phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...