Sunday, October 22, 2017

lg g2 - LG G2 - USB debugging disables when I connect to a PC


I'm trying to set up remote debugging on my brand new LG G2 phone.


Seen here: http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/developertools/mobile/


So far, I've:



  1. Enabled developer options

  2. Enabled "USB debugging" on the Developer options screen

  3. On the "PC Connections" screen - I've set "USB connection method" to "PC Software"


So - everything looks good at this point.



However, as soon as I connect the device to my PC, the "USB debugging" setting on the "Developer options" screen turns gray (disabled). If I go to DevTools on Chrome on my PC (chrome://inspect/#devices) and check "Discover USB devices", my phone is not listed.


What else do I need to do?



Answer



I had the same problem with my G2 D802 only mine did work before when still running android 4.2. It was a driver issue and fixed it by the folowing steps:



My usb setting is set at (MTP)


That did it for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...