Tuesday, August 25, 2015

samsung galaxy s 2 - No mobile signal after installing CyanogenMod


I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2 (GT-I9100) and baseband version I9100XXMS3. As far as I understand from this page it's a UK modem, which is where I am. When using the latest stock Android I was still able to connect to UK and Swiss mobile networks. After installing CyanogenMod 10.1.3-i9100 (but not flashing the modem as far as I know) while in Switzerland I was able to connect to phone networks, but after coming back to the UK I can no longer get a mobile signal anywhere:



  1. Go to Settings → Wireless & networks → More... → Mobile networks → Network operators.

  2. After some time several network operators are listed. Click "Choose automatically".


At this point, the message "Automatic registration..." displays for about a minute and then it simply says "Can't connect to this network at the moment. Try again later." The mobile signal indicator at the top of the screen stays empty and does not display an "R" for roaming.



In the Android Testing Menu (*#*#4636#*#* → Phone information) "Set preferred network type" setting is set to "WCDMA preferred" (I have no "Network mode" setting on the "Mobile networks" page). I've tried turning radio off and on again.


I have a Toggle Mobile prepaid card with plenty of credit.



Answer



Looks like Toggle Mobile just doesn't work well with my setup. I bought a £2 SIM card from Lycamobile a couple months ago, and it's been working flawlessly with no setup changes. Not much of an answer I'm afraid, but I'd rather lose my remaining Toggle credit than use several more days on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...