Thursday, August 27, 2015

browser - How can I flush the DNS Cache?


How can I clear my DNS cache on my android phone? (Droid3, Gingerbread, rooted to be specific)


Ideally I'm looking for a command to run through a terminal emulator, something similar to


ipconfig /flushdns


On a windows machine.


What's the Linux version of this?



Answer



On a typical Linux system the cache is cleared by running /etc/init.d/nscd restart, but at least my ROM doesn't use nscd to cache DNS. You can check if yours does, but I doubt it. I've seen suggestions that clearing the brower cache would clear DNS cache too, but one sure way is to do a hard reboot (shutdown, remove battery for 30s, reattach battery and boot).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...