Saturday, August 29, 2015

adb - Wondering if i can debloat some google apps from unrooted lg phone for my father?


My father being older does not want to modify his phone, however he has a LG L70 and no sd card, and doesn't use some unnecessary Google apps, such as play, books, and whatever else. My question is can i boot it into fastboot and run a custom written shell script(i run linux ubuntu), which would run something like fastboot oem append-cmdline "androidboot.unlocked_kernel=true"? Which i found on amazon fire 5.1.1 thread on xda-developers forums, then fasboot continue, and in turn, at least on the fire, allows to access the adb shell as root without running su. Then from there run adb shell "pm uninstall {app_name}"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...