Monday, August 24, 2015

rom flashing - Nexus 7 stuck on google's logo after flashed the building of AOSP


This is my first time to flash the AOSP build on the device. I just followed Google's instructions to download and build the Android source code. Since I have a Nexus 7 (2013), so I chose the target to "aosp_flo-userdebug" before starting to build. Then I ran "make" to build, and the building was successful.


After that I rebooted the device and went into the bootloader, flashed the device by the command:


$ fastboot -w flashall


The flash succeeded. Then after the device rebooted, it just got stuck on the Google's logo screen and never continued. If I flash it back to the factory image, it can continue booting. So I think maybe there are some mistakes I made during the building or flashing that causes the problem. But I don't know how to find the problem.


I also tried to flash only system.img by:


$ fastboot flash system system.img


But it's still the same result. Hope someone can give me some suggestions. Thanks.


PS: the build version is 5.1



Answer




Thanks to @Tamoghna Chowdhury for linking this to a similar question i had posted. I had similar issues and struggled with it for a while. You need to check some things. Did you flash the device specific binaries ?


In my case there was a version mismatch with the device specific binary and the device. FLO should always have FLO binaries. Otherwise it wont start. Check this post


https://code.google.com/p/aosp4nexus5/wiki/AOSPforNexus5#Automatic_Installatin_of_GApps


I did this long ago, so I don't remember exact step i had take, If you post details of what you have done, maybe i'll remember something.


EDIT :Updating answer based on below comment from OP


Use the second link you mentioned https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers#flolrx22g


Your device is flo. That is the first step. Now, your AOSP build should match with the binaries version. So you cant use 5.1.51 along with binaries of version LMY48G since that is for 5.1.1 . SO checkout AOSP with the same version, i.e 5.1.1 in your case and build again with the LMY48G binaries. I remember i had the same issue but with version 5.0.1 i.e LRX22G. It worked when i checkedout an older source code.


I dont know why this happens, ideally any new version should work. Perhaps another quirks of android. I did not update android later on when the tablet booted correctly. Too big a risk to take :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...