Saturday, August 15, 2015

fastboot - Problem with unlocking the HTC Wildfire bootloader with HTC unlocker


I tried to unlock HTC bootloader by the official tool but I get to the stage when I issue the command:


fastboot oem get_identifier_token

Unfortunatly I get error


...

(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.007s

Version of firmware matches the one listed for H3G UK. The HBoot is 1.01.0002.



Answer



I think your HBoot needs to be upgraded, and it sounds like perhaps you didn't run the RUU to do so. The HTCdev site notes that phones with an asterisk (*) next to them in the list must run an RUU before unlocking because the bootloader on the device did not originally ship with unlocking capabilities. So first you need to make sure your firmware is up to date (which it sounds like it is), and then you also need to download and run the RUU:



BEFORE beginning the Unlock Bootloader process your product requires that you update the ROM to the version listed in the table below first, then download the RUU next to it to enable the unlocking capability.




The RUU's filename itself also seems to confirm this. It is listed as PC4910000_Buzz_Froyo_hboot_1.02.0000_R3.exe, indicating (to me, anyway) that you need HBoot v1.02.0000 in order to perform the unlock.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...