Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Is there an App or Widget that can replace my Screen On and Off Button on my Moto Droid?


The button is broken and I'm waiting for my replacement phone. I can turn it on by sliding open the keyboard but I have to wait for it to sleep to turn the screen off. Is there an app or a shortcut that I can put on the home screen to do this? Or maybe a hack to change my camera button to a screen off button? It's an un-rooted Motorola Droid 1 running 2.2.



Answer



I ended up using this free app: http://code.google.com/p/lockenabler/ and with smart bar I was able to set the camera button as a shortcut. My cam button now turns off the screen on a long press.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...