Saturday, August 1, 2015

networking - How to mount SMB/CIFS Network Shares on android device?


I have a rooted android device running on gingerbread. I was wondering if there is a way to mount my windows CIFS(Common Internet File System) Shares on my android device over WiFi.


Is it required to have a kernel that supports CIFS protocol for mounting ?



Answer



You have to be rooted and you have to have the kernel module for cifs support. if you have froyo, you also will need slow-work.ko kernel module as well.



Once you have those, you can use (shameless plug) Mount Manager, it can handle loading the modules for you automatically and lots of features available for auto mounting when connecting to wifi, and other stuff. It is a lot like Cifs Manager, but has a more robust system for loading the modules, and supports multiple modules and has support for being a plugin for locale/tasker (paid version).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...