Tuesday, October 8, 2019

rooting - Is it possible to completely brick your Android phone by using a Custom ROM?


I understand that you can completely "brick" (render unusuable) your iPhone by attempting to Jailbreak incorrectly.


Whether or not this is actually the case, is it possible to do the same with your Android phone? Or is the nature of that operating system and the handsets such that you can always install a new ROM on it if everything goes pear-shaped?



I assume there could be a difference due to how closely the iPhone is tied to iTunes, compared to how independent Android phones seem.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...