Monday, October 28, 2019

4.4 kitkat - Battery draining fast because of Android System


I'm on a HTC Droid DNA with 4.4.2, not rooted. My battery is going down really fast. When I look in power settings it shows that the main offender is Android System with 92% of power usage. I know that android system is a collection of apps, so how do I figure out which ones are doing this?


It's only been bad like this for the last few weeks. Before that I usually had no problem making it through the day.


I'm hoping there is a way to find the culprit without having to guess.
Since it may be more than one sub system at fault, and since there isn't an easy way to determine battery usage outside of controlled conditions, I don't want to have to shut off a system, wait a day to see if it seems like things have gotten better, and then move on to the next one, hoping to divine the correct sequence by chance, while taking normal usage into account.


I'd try Better Battery Stats, but I don't think it will work right since I'm not rooted.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...