Monday, October 7, 2019

applications - Command error by running "fastboot oem unlock"


I am unable to use the following command on an HTC One M7


# fastboot oem unlock 
...
(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.001s]
finished. total time: 0.001s

Why do I get this error and how to unlock my bootloader?


In addition



# fastboot flashing unlock
...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.000s

Answer



You don't unlock an HTC phone like this - in fact most phones can't.


Provided yours is unlockable (i.e. not an AT&T/Verizon variant), you need to sign up and apply for unlock here and use the token you acquired to complete the unlock process. The site itself will walk you through thoroughly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...