Sunday, October 6, 2019

adb - Failed on cp file to /system - Cross-device link



I'm trying to mv .apk file from my /sdcard to /system and getting following error:



failed on 'XXX.apk' - Cross-device link



I did remount my /system as rw


root@ghost:/ # mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system
root@ghost:/ # mount | grep system
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system ext4 rw,seclabel,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
root@ghost:/ #


I also tried following, but without luck(


mbp:~ alexus$ adb root
adbd cannot run as root in production builds
mbp:~ alexus$ adb remount
remount failed: Permission denied
mbp:~ alexus$

Why can't I still move apk file to /system? What am I missing?



Answer



and the answer is pretty simple, use cp instead of mv)



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...