Saturday, December 28, 2019

sync - What is the synchronization source for the internal clock


Using a tool to compare the internal clock of my Android device to internet time servers, I noticed my device is 30 seconds wrong.


So that made me wondering what is the cause of this error. Where does Android gets it time from, so I can adjust or complain there:


I can think of the following sources:



  • Provided by the cellular network provider.


  • From GPS.

  • From a NTP server on the local WIFI network.

  • A global NTP server (hosted by Google)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...