Wednesday, December 18, 2019

applications - How can I find a lost phone or help people return it?


I'm looking for an app like Where's My Droid to help locate a lost device.


Ideally I'm hoping there is one that might have two specific features:





  1. The ability to display a message to the screen to help people return it, like Windows Phone 7 will have, as illustrated here.




  2. The ability to turn the GPS on remotely to aid in the physical location of the phone. I do not want to have to keep GPS on all the time, to avoid the battery drain.




Running on a non-rooted Galaxy S Captivate.



Answer



Another option: I like Lookout.


In addition to tracking/finding your phone, also does virus scanning and backs up data. It doesn't display a message though.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...