Monday, December 2, 2019

6.0 marshmallow - Nexus 5 full disk encryption stuck 12 hours in?


I have loved my Nexus 5 since it was released with KitKat, and last evening I decided to enable full disk encryption, which I expected might take around an hour or so. It's now about 12 hours in with no visible change. All I see are the Marshmallow four animated dots. I've never seen any progress display on encrypting the disk, and of course I'm trying to avoid rebooting the phone for fear that the disk will be a jumbled mess and I could either lose my data or even brick the phone.


What is the best course of action at this point, and possible consequences?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...