Monday, December 16, 2019

5.0 lollipop - WhatsApp DONT prompt to RESTORE from local storage, against what WhatsApp FAQ says in its website


I ran into this weird situation, where :



  1. I backed up my Whatsapp to local storage, inside : Databases Folder

  2. Then I changed my Whatsapp Number ( To another New SIM )

  3. Format my HTC Phone ( HTC E9 plus Dual Sim ).


  4. Copy back all Whatsapp Folder back to : Internal Storage

  5. Re-install Whatsapp, but, all it asks me is this (below) & upon SKIP, nothing, no chat restored. I have already renamed database file, as per Restoring your chat history to msgstore.db.crypt12 & also, I keep same file, with name : msgstore.db.crypt. But, it simply, doesnt even DETECT it & asks NOTHING as BACKUP found / Restore. Any Guess / Idea ? Please help.





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...