Friday, April 20, 2018

Why has my Samsung Galaxy S2 become a data hog?


My father has a Samsung Galaxy S2 with the stock GB and un-rooted. The phone has been working flawlessly, but lately (since about 2-3 days) it began to use a crazy amount of data.



He normally uses about 300 MB per month, but now the phone is using about 20-30 MB per hour during phone standby!.


Also he notices is that the battery is lasting about half of the previous time, which is evident in case of a long running process.


He didn't install/update anything lately and all the settings are set for minimal data use. (Like no Sync..etc). He also has all the known data-hog apps kept disabled.


He has installed an app call “my data manager” and the app says that all the data is being used by OS services but there is no detailed information.


Just for clarification, he doesn’t have too much applications installed. Just: Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook and Twitter. But as I said before, he has all the auto sync off, and all these apps where installed months ago.


My question is: Is there a program that can help us to find out what is going on? Something like a “on the fly” (real-time) data analysis?


Any other ideas on what could be happening here?


Thanks! Edgar




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...