Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Is flashing a ROM made for a very similar model to mine possible?


Is it possible that flashing a custom ROM made for another android model could work for me? I'm just wondering this because I have one of those rare models that only a few providers sold, but is very hardware similar to some of the more popular and better supported models. So if I flashed a ROM built for a very similar model to mine would it brick the device?


I'm quite the beginner so if you want to check it out here's my model: SGH-I87D (Samsung Galaxy Ace Q with gingerbread 2.3). I really don't mind taking some chances because it's just my old phone and it was a pretty crappy one at that. So if anyone could give me some tips that would be awesome; oh right and "long live the n00bs".


PS: I've already rooted it so that's not a problem.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...