Saturday, April 28, 2018

applications - App isn't working correctly. How can I fix it?



I have an application that isn't working correctly. Either it's not launching, or not responding to commands, or some of the functionality isn't doing what I expect.


What are some simple steps I can do to try to fix the issue on my own?


(This question and answer are intended to be a canonical and generic source for dealing with apps that aren't working quite right.)



Answer



The steps to take with an app that just isn't working properly are:



  • Rotate the device


if that doesn't help


From Settings | Applications | Manage applications | or Settings | Apps | (depends on your version of Android)




  • Force stop


if that doesn't help



  • Clear cache


if that doesn't help



  • Restart the device (turn off/turn on the device, or use the "restart" option if you have it)



if that doesn't help



  • Clear data


and if that still doesn't help, try the nuclear option:



  • uninstall and re-install


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...