Friday, April 13, 2018

privacy - Looking for a network monitor that can enumerate outbound connections


I have a rooted Galaxy S2, and I want to block access for all apps whose primary function does not require network connectivity. I am using DroidWall and LBE Privacy Guard (both require root) to control application behavior.



Droidwall is an excellent firewall, but it doesn't provide a snapshot of currently active network connections. Is there an app that can do so, on a per app basis?


Update : Just realized I can simplify things by just saying I want for Android what I can achieve using netstat -b on Windows, but properly presented!


I have already seen a few - but they just wrap a commandline interface - as though they're calling netstat locally and then just piping output.



Answer



Opensource Network Log (Play) app does exactly that. The features are:



  • real time log display

  • hostname resolving

  • per app view

  • filters based on app name, hostname, port



It needs root and busybox.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...