Friday, April 13, 2018

Where is "Stay Awake" option in Ice Cream Sandwich on the Galaxy S3?


I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S III (Ice Cream Sandwich) from the Motorola Droid Bionic (Gingerbread). On my Bionic, there was a "Stay Awake" check box that made it so my "Screen will never sleep while charging" under Settings->Applications->Development.


I can't find that checkbox on my S3.


Where is that setting in ICS and/or is there another way to keep my screen from turning off in ICS?



Thanks.



Answer



Samsung removed "Stay Awake" from TouchWiz back in the first OTA for the Galaxy S1. Other ROMs like CyanogenMod still have it, and other AOSP based ROMs as well.


Be very careful using any kind of "Stay Awake" options with these devices that have the Super AMOLED screens. I used to use it when developing and testing the apps. I now have a "burn" in the screen from the time and the top bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...