Monday, August 11, 2014

htc desire - How to fix Telstra network dropouts on Gingerbread Oxygen ROM?


It's a long shot, but figured i'd give it a go.. I've installed the Oxygen RC6 ROM on my Telstra HTC Desire. It's pretty much perfect - better than this phone has ever been. It's fast, great to use, no space issues (you can force any app to install to the SD Card which solves my biggest gripe with the desire - minimal internal memory for app storage), and is just all round brilliant.


But there's one problem, and its a doozie. Every now and then (at least a few times a day) my phone drops its network connection. When i go into settings and try search for networks, it can't find anything.. its as if the radio turns off completely. Rebooting the phone more often than not fixes it, but still sometimes takes a while to sort itself out.


Its really annoying cos there'll be times where its off and i wont even know it.


The ROM i've installed is this one: http://android-roms.net/desire/2011/01/06/oxygen-v2-0-rc6/


I've tried installing a new radio (32.46.00.32U_5.10.05.17_2 on the following page): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687464


any suggestions how i can fix this? Try a different radio? Advice on the best one to try?


Thanks heaps Greg




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...