Friday, August 15, 2014

2.3 gingerbread - Install Ginger Yoshi 1.4 on HTC Magic 32a, which radio do I need?


My HTC Magic 32a is actually running CyanogenMod 6.1 and I'd like to switch to latest GingerYoshi 1.4 with GingerBread.



I have SPL 1.33.2010 radio 3.22.20.17


The reason I want to change is because with my sim card, cmmod seems to have problems while everything was fine when I was running Original 1.5+Sense (with radio 6.35).


Now the question, in this xda thread about installing GingerYoshi 1.4, they say:



if you are on 32a new radio then download the ginger yoshi 32a new radio just flash 32a new radio



What do they mean by "new radio", can I just flash back to 1.5+Sense+6.35 with RUU and then directly flash GingerYoshi over new 6.35 radio (I believe the phone would work somewhat better with a newer radio, specially regarding problems with my sim)?


Thanks



Answer



I now have GingerYoshi 1.5 running on my HTC Magic 32a, so I'll answer my own question and explain how it went.



As for the radio 6.35, answer is YES, you can use it with the GingerYoshi for 32a new radio.


Here is how I swithed from 2.2.1 CM6.1 radio 3.22 to 2.3.5 GingerYoshi 1.5 radio 6.35


1) I reverted my HTC magic back to the stock rom 1.5 + sense, this to simply revert to the new 6.35 radio. I did the update by connecting the phone to usb and running the RUU RUU_Sapphire_HTC_Europe_3.05.401.1_test_signed_NoDriver.exe


2) Then I had to reinstall a recovery, as we have radio 6.35 we need a Hero recovery, that is amonRa 1.6.2 for hero (the 1.7.0 wont work with magic)


3) I flashed 1.76.2007 SPL


At this point only thing left is to flash GingerYoshi. From recovery, do a full wipe. (I didn't care about having an ext partition, so I left my sdcard untouched)


4) Flashing "ginger yoshi 1.5 new radio 32a.zip" from recovery


following install procedure, answering the questions in order: - no ext - zeam launcher - no swap on ext - big density


REBOOT: new HTC logo with hiding bugdroid


Enjoy GingerYoshi 1.5 and Android 2.3.5, so far everything seems to be working fine, and no more troubles with my simcard. Quadrant now gives 387 instead of 299 with CM6.1 :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...