Monday, August 18, 2014

app2sd - How can I move apps to SD on my Samsung Galaxy Ace?


I want to move some apps to my SD card, and from Googling around I found that it's possible to do this if the device is rooted. How can I root my Samsung Galaxy Ace?



Answer



Samsung Galaxy Ace runs at least Android version 2.2 and is upgradable to Gingerbread, so the device already has the possibility to move apps to the SD card. Though, not all apps support this. You can move an app to the SD card by navigating to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications and click on the app you want to move. Then you click the button Move to SD card.


If you root your device you can move apps that doesn't support App 2 SD, as well (except for launchers and widgets which must be installed on internal storage). If you are running Android 2.2 you can use the desktop program Super One Click to root. If you are running 2.3 you can read a tutorial here.



Hope that helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...