Thursday, August 7, 2014

settings - Is there an application / ROM that allows me to set the phone to "Guest" mode which I can configure?


I would like to be able to set my phone into Guest mode so people using it will not be able to "abuse" it while I give it to them.


Example of usage:



  • Child mode - prevent editing settings, making calls, installing applications etc.

  • Friend mode - prevent viewing text/email messages etc.

  • etc.



I have the MIUI ROM which has a pre-defined Guest mode - I'm looking for something which is fully/partially configurable - is there something like that?



Answer



You might want to check for "app lockers" like e.g. App Lock, which allow you to password-protect apps, or use even more restrictive child protection apps like e.g. Child App Protector, which can sandbox an environment (also called "Kiosk mode").


A somehow "special" solution would be App Locker II: Fake Crash, which in "protected mode" displays a fake force-close message so people do not get the idea you protected something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...